- Commercial: Claims between companies, including claims for non-payment for goods and services and for non-delivery of goods and services and other breaches of contract
- Corporate: Disputes and claims between owners, shareholders or other stakeholders within a company (including dental and medical practices).
- Claims resulting from non-competition and non-solicitation clauses or proprietary trade secrets
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Employment: Wrongful termination and constructive dismissal
- Tort: Claims related to losses due to negligence or fault
- Other litigation such as real estate, construction and shareholder disputes.
Regardless of your litigation issue, Young Law Chambers will provide you with options to represent your position and advance your interests in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
Litigation matters of $50,000 or less are generally heard in the Provincial Court of Alberta, which has jurisdiction to hear most, but not all cases. Matters involving sums more than $50,000, injunctive relief and claims under certain statutory enactments are handled by the Court of Queen’s Bench.